A site survey is conducted to collect information about local conditions before submission of a final proposal. Following aspects are analyzed during a survey:
1. A suitable location for the solar panels, including but not limited to roof space, condition of rooftop, safety, installation or maintenance concerns.
2. Shadow analysis i.e. any shaded areas on the rooftop that might affect the PV array production efficiency.
3. Location of system components i.e. inverter, AC Distribution box, DC Combiner box, batteries if required.
4. Energy needs of the business. A detailed load pattern sheet is required for this purpose.
5. Process of PV system connection to the existing electrical system.
6. Any other factors impacting system price and performance.